NICU and Special Care Nurseries
A multidisciplinary group to share knowledge and collaborate with health professionals caring for newborns and their families in NICUs and SCNs
Chair: Lizelle Weber (Sunshine Coast University Hospital, QLD)
Who is it for?
Neonatologists, Nurses and Midwives interested in networking about enhancing the care of newborns and their families in both NICU & SCN.
- Effective Management of Neonatal Hypoglycaemia –60% reduction in NICU admissions, reduced length of separation of babies and mothers and significant cost saving measures
- New Feeding Protocols – reduced time to full feeds, CLABSI infections and NEC.
- Early Neurodevelopmental Clinic – early detection of cerebral palsy in high-risk infants
- Neonatal Early Discharge Service– hospital in the home service for preterm babies with nasogastric tube
- Partnering with parents and healthcare providers to reduce pain in babies
Online Members Community
It’s easy to join our networks.
All staff of member hospitals have access to this network and the resources within.
To join, create a free new account of login to the Members Community.