WHA is the peak body for hospitals providing maternity & women's healthcare across Australia. With more than 110 member services, WHA members support nearly 150,000 women to give birth every year across Australia (more than 2/3 of public births), making us the largest women’s health advocacy, networking & maternity benchmarking organisation in Australia.
WHA welcomes the following new members to our membership and is proud to now represent and serve more than 110 maternity services across Australia!
- Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is responsible for providing community health and hospital care for people living in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region.The Local Health District consists of both urban and semi-rural areas, covering almost 9,179 square kilometres and an estimated resident population of almost 350,000 people. The Dharug, Gundungurra and Wiradjuri people are acknowledged as the traditional Aboriginal owners of the land in this District.
- Wide Bay Hospital & Health Service, QLD is the local hospital network covering the south eastern region of Queensland, north of Brisbane. This service includes the following sites where materntiy services are provided; Bundaberg, Hervey Bay and Maryborough Base Hospital.
- St John of God Midland Public Hospital is Perth’s newest hospital providing free medical and surgical care for patients in the east metropolitan and Wheatbelt regions. They provide a comprehensive range of services including emergency medicine, critical care, day chemotherapy, paediatric care, aged care, maternity services and general surgery. This 307-bed public hospital is operated under a public-private partnership between the State Government and St John of God Health Care.
WHA Special Interest Groups
WHA has 11 Special Interest Groups that meet regularly by teleconference to share information, ideas, tools and resources on solutions to common problems and innovative practices to improve outcomes. The following Special Intrest Groups are available to any staff member at member hospitals:
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Women's & Children's Health
- Allied Health Leaders
- Maternity Services
- Directors of Obstetrics
- Executives of Nursing & Midwifery
- Midwifery Group Practice
- Midwifery Educators
- Women's Hospitals Performance & Efficiency Group
- Quality & Safety in Maternity Care
- Small/Rural Health Services
- NICU & Special Care Nurseries
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
To take part in one of these groups please e-mail Leila