WHA members support nearly 130,000 women to give birth every year across Australia, making us the largest women’s health advocacy, networking & maternity benchmarking organisation.
We have 11 Special Interest Groups that meet regularly by teleconference to share information, ideas, tools and resources on solutions to common problems and innovative practices to improve outcomes.
Welcome to new WHA members
WHA are delighted to welcome our newest members:
- Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) is a 593 bed specialist referral public teaching hospital in Adelaide, South Australia. Situated in the Adelaide foothills approximately 12 kilometres from the city centre the hospital is only a few kilometres from our beautiful south coast beaches and close to famous wineries in the southern Adelaide region.
- Monash Women's is a part of Monash Health. Monash Health provides health care across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating in one organisation primary, secondary and tertiary health services, as well as world renowned research and teaching facilities. Monash Health comprises maternity services based at Casey, Dandenong and Clayton sites. Monash Health also has a role in specialist care for greater Melbourne, regional Victoria and interstate.
- South West Hospital & Health Service (comprising Roma Hospital, St George Hospital & Charleville Hospital) is an innovative and diverse rural district covering a vast area of South West Queensland. The district services an area of 319,870 square km and an estimated population of 26,150 people.
- Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital is a 929 bed quaternary and tertiary referral teaching hospital located at the Herston site within Metro North Hospital and Health Service, close to the Brisbane CBD. RBWH is the largest provider of health care services for Queensland Health.
- Westmead Hospital is a specialised tertiary referral hospital for the western Sydney metropolitan area, serving one of the largest growing population areas in NSW. Westmead Hospital is the major teaching hospital of the University of Sydney for medical and dental students and is one of Australia’s largest centres for postgraduate training at specialist level in all fields.
- Caboolture Hospital offers a wide range of healthcare services to women and their babies from the Caboolture and surrounding areas. The dedicated team has a reputation for providing high quality care, and do their very best to ensure that your comfort and needs are met through the very high standards achieved at the hospital.