Employment Opportunity for Manager Raphael Services NSW, Perinatal Infant Mental Health
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia. As a Catholic, not-for-profit group, we invest in the communities we serve by updating and
expanding our facilities and technology; expanding existing services and developing and acquiring new services; and providing Social Outreach services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and wellbeing.
St John of God Health Care Social Outreach are seeking an experienced and suitably qualified leader to commence as Manager Raphael Services NSW on a permanent full time basis. This position provides a unique leadership opportunity to work with a specialist multidisciplinary team in our Raphael services to deliver expert care to parents and families with mental health issues related to pregnancy, postpartum or infancy periods. Treatment focuses on enhancing parental relationships and promoting competent, confident parent-child interaction. A range of assessments, individual and group therapy,
and psychiatric care is available to help clients address their needs up to the child’s fourth birthday. Raphael Services are available to all members of the community and are delivered free of charge by a multidisciplinary team including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapist and mental health nurses. The service is based in the community for more information about Raphael Services visit: sjog.org.au/raphael
The Manager Raphael Services NSW will be based in Blacktown and be available to travel and work between other service locations including Blacktown, Mt Druitt, Hawkesbury, Springwood and Stanhope Gardens.This position also forms part of our national network of 18 services, with Raphael Services also operating in Victoria and Western Australia. The service is well established and we have a strong vision for growth and expansion, particularly to support more rural and remote communities across Australia.
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised qualifications in psychology, nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy or social work.
- Eligible for registration with the relevant professional body, as applicable.
- Demonstrated clinical, management and leadership in a mental health, child and family health or perinatal and infant mental health service.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, give direction and delegate. Knowledge and understanding of working with culturally diverse communities.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and report on service provision and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with relevant government departments and non-government organisations.
- Current drivers licence and ability to travel and work from various locations.
The closing date for applications is on 28 January 2020.
For more information and to apply for this position, click here