WHA Rural & Regional Maternity Service
Australian maternity services outside of capital cities face a number of unique challenges.
WHA's Rural & Regional Maternity Service Special Interest Group (SIG) provides a forum for clinicians working in units across Australia to network and share ideas, innovations, challenges and success in their quest to provide safe, quality care to women, babies and their families.
This two day meeting focussed on supporting and sustaining maternity services to meet the needs of local women and their families.
Participants benefitted from hearing from colleagues who have overcome their challenges, as well as ample opportunity to network and share ideas.
Presentations from the 2 day meeting can be found below:
- Clinical Governance Rural maternity care: Leadership for improvement - Lesley Barclay
- Learning from each other through sharing data - Barb Vernon
- The Sustainable Midwifery Workforce Project - Rachael Yates & Elizabeth Bennet
- The Northam story - Marie Hill
- Effective use of telehealth to help keep maternity care close to home - Merridee Seiboth & Rosy Tirimacco
If you attended this meeting and would like to give WHA feedback then please email us.