Reducing Harm from PPH: WHA Safety & Quality in Maternity Care Face to Face Insight Forum 2019
Due to a major international event in Melbourne this Forum will be taking place in Sydney in 2019.
This annual forum brings together maternity service executives and clinical leaders who are passionate about improving care and outcomes for women and newborns. It provides a unique opportunity to network with a multidisciplinary group of peers across maternity services, large and small, who share responsibilities for managing & delivering high quality care to women and their families.
What will the program cover?
This year's Forum will focus on the challenges and strategies for reducing the risk of a significant PPH, and how to enhance outcomes for women who do experience a significant bleed following childbirth.
This interactive meeting will:
- consider insights from WHA's benchmarking dataset about the drivers behind rising rates of PPH for both vaginal and surgical births
- review the latest research evidence on best practice care around PPH prevention & management
- showcase the strategies being used by exemplar services with low or declining rates of PPH
- support teams to identify and plan effective approaches to improving maternal outcomes through reducing rates of PPH
Please click here to see the draft program.
Who should attend?
- Directors of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Executives of Nursing & Midwifery
- Executives with responsibility for safety and quality at maternity hospitals & units
- Medical and midwifery clinicians interested in safety & quality improvement
- Students & consumers interested in safety & quality improvement in maternity care are most welcome.
Register early or register as part of a small group and receive great discounts for this event.
WHA would like to offer a reduced registration fee for all members who register before the 29 October 2019. Please click on the ‘register now’ button and select the Early Bird rate.
If you would like to attend this meeting with colleagues, then you can register 3+ members and receive a discounted Special Group rate. Please contact the event organiser on (02) 6185 0325 to find out more information.
Early Bird rate: for registrations on or before 29 October 2019*: $540 (+GST)
Special Group Offer**: $495 (+GST)
Member rate (post 29 October 2019): $590 (+GST)
Member 1 day rate: $315 (+GST)
Non Member rates:
Non Member rate: $795 (+GST)
Non Member 1 day rate: $435 (+GST)
*Registration must be before 29 October 2019 and payment must be received before the event.** Only applicable when 3 or more delegates, from 1 hospital, register simultaneously via the event organiser. Only 1 invoice will be provided and payment must be received before the event.
Venue & Accomodation
This meeting will take place at the Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport.
For hotels nearby please click here.